Monday, June 12, 2006

THE BREAK UP

My friend, Darcey, and I got a chance to get away! Tonight I had the pleasure of seeing "The Break Up" starring Vince Vaughn, Jennifer Aniston, Vincent D'Onofrio, and a few others...the lady who played the mom to the boy on "Big Daddy" with Adam Sandler was also in it. The one with the annoying voice?

Anyway, it was a decent movie. I mean, there were a few nudity blurs that we could have done without, and the occasional F-Bomb could have been avoided, but it was PG-13, so I probably could have expected it.
The plot was pretty good. I enjoyed it. The two people have the typical (or at least stereo-typical) arguments after getting a condo together and decide to call it quits. SHE decides this because she believes he will see how much she does for him and how much he needs her...He lets pride stop him from apologizing for his rude behavior.

It takes his buddy/bartender for him to get the "aha!" moment. I won't say too much more because I don't want to ruin it for you.

It was good to see Nenee (as my kids call her) and Becca there as well! :) Of course, we didn't see them until the gigantic diet coke had forced a pitstop after the movie...but nonetheless, it was good to see them out and having a good time with each other.

The new movie theatre was REALLY nice compared to the old one. I'm glad that I got a chance away from the house and the kids and the dishes and the neverending pile of laundry. I would say that reclining seats would have added to the new theatre's appeal, but either way, it was a good experience.

Afterwards, it was dessert/coffee, and then a drive home. Good movie. Go see it. Some REALLY funny parts in it. Vince Vaughn's performance was great! He's just entered my top-favorite guys in a movie list. To this point, wasn't all that impressed with all of his stuff. But then again, when Jennifer Aniston is your co-star, how can you go wrong?

I would say that the movie coming out later this month with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves looks GREAT! We're planning on seeing that one as well. I think it's called something like "Lake Cabin" or something along those lines....

I'd give "The Break Up" two thumbs up!

No comments: