Saturday, May 13, 2006

Wreckage

Besides the wreck that happened practically in my front yard (and for those of you who know the size of it....you're shocked that we don't have damage...) today has been pretty uneventful. The wreck DID keep Luke, Drew, and Evan glued to the window for over an hour though. I had already gone out to "check it out" and see if they needed me to call someone...so I knew it wasn't bloody. The whole front passenger side of the car was bent underneath itself though. The kids that got out - girl: crying hysterically but not hurt, boy: he kept apologizing to the girl who was driving because he said "I was messing around, and I covered up her eyes." There's an act of sheer genius. If it would have happened 10 feet further down the road, I probably would have felt it since I was sitting on the couch by the front window. Luke saw his Pappaw Tony come to the rescue (EMT) in the ambulance, and for once he wasn't coming for Luke himself!

Tonight after telling them to go to bed a million times...I was watching "Ransom" - one of the best movies of all time in my opinion. And during a commercial I realized that my kids were messing around. As I often do, I muted the TV and listened before getting ready to start in on the yelling. But I couldn't do it. When I muted the TV, I heard all three of their little voices singing "Yes Jesus loves me. Yes Jesus loves me. Yes Jesus loves me. The Bible tells me so." SOMETHING I HAVE DONE must be right....right?

No comments: