Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Today's Reminder: He Never Lets Go...He's NEVER Failed Me Yet

One year ago today was an especially difficult day...it marked the beginning of an especially difficult six month period of time....most days I don't think about it anymore....but some days I still do...

When I remember it, I can't help but feel blessed all over again for the outcome. God has been good.

I've learned a lot in church services the past few weeks. I think without realizing it, I dealt with this situation the way I was supposed to through prayer. I've been reminded in the past two weeks at church that prayer is not a wish list of things to benefit me or my family....and when it is most often it is not answered. In reflecting back upon this particular situation in my life, I realize that although some of my prayers about it were cries out to God for deliverence, many of them were also prayers seeking God's will and asking that God be glorified through the situation.

I can say that His will has been met and He IS glorified through it. I hope that someday, a friend will need to sit down with me as I did with Sharon and I will be able to have a conversation with them that is as open, raw, and beneficial as that one was for me. I think that THEN I will be able to use the experience that I have gone through to help others....and maybe that is what God will use me for...maybe not....maybe I will be able to help my own sons or their wives because of it. I hope that He will allow me to remember it well and speak with His Words about it...

Today I read over many of the posts I wrote in that dark time of my life. One thing is clear. My PEACE came from the Lord. My HOPE came from the Lord. My BLESSING came from Him.

Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, "It is well. It is well with my soul."

The words still ring true...

You know...in the two biggest heart breaks of my lifetime (this situation and my parents' divorce) those words echoed inside me. I clung to them. I claim them.

But like all bad times, you can't see the good until much later...much much later in some cases. And it is now that I can see how amazing this anthem has become for me and my personal trials.

If you find yourself in the midst of one of these storms:

1. Hold fast. Help truly IS on the way. (MercyMe)

2. He IS the Everlasting God and our strength WILL rise as we wait upon Him. (Brenton Brown)

3. The more you seek Him, the more you WILL FIND Him. (Kari Jobe)

4. If you are still before Him and you truly know He is God, you will see that He never changes. He is always faithful. (Steven Curtis Chapman)

5. God is TRULY more than Enough for you. Every need is satisfied from Him. (Chris Tomlin)

6. You are NOT immune to heartache, NOT immune to temptation, rejection...but God's LOVE will HEAL your heart when you think your life is shattered and you think there's no way to be fixed again.... (Third Day)

7. He DOES do all things well. (Tomlin)

8. Grace and Peace will be yours from the Father. (Fernando Ortega and I Thess. 1:2)

9. If not for His goodness or grace, His kindness and favor, His mercy or His love you could never say you were "Still Standing." (Israel Houghton)

10. If God is with you, whom shall you fear? He WON'T let go of you. (Matt Redman)

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth

Chorus:

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

Chorus: (2x’s)

2 comments:

The Hutsells said...

Good. I'm glad for you. I hope that one day you will become that wise older woman who can teach the younger women. My mother-in-law is that person for me. I cherish her for she is heaven sent. Her life has not been easy, but what a testimony she has and she continues to lift me and my family up in prayer every day. What a blessing you will be to someone's life in the years to come.

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
I love reading your blogs and seeing how the Lord works through and in you.

My heart sank today to read about the pain I caused you when your dad and divorced.

I am so grateful for a loving Lord, forgiving Father, and Christan family.

I am sorry for hurting you, Michelle. However, the Lord has truly blessed all of us in the midst of the storm.

Love you,
Mom