Monday, June 25, 2007

Just a little patience, ooo yeah, just a little patience...

Sorry, I was a Guns and Roses fan back in the day....

I spoke too soon!! Carrots are coming!!! I was out playing with the puppy last night and he ran in to the garden. I was shoo-ing him out of it when I noticed another carrot sprout. Kendra, you were right. They just took a while. The first two were up about a week and a half ago, though, so I had given up hope....

Man the analogies between this garden and how God deals with us are endless. I'd say of all that I have learned about planting a garden, this is my favorite. It's what I spend time thinking about while I'm doing the back breaking work.... (which needs to be done again....)

When I weeded it last week, I kept thinking that this was me in that garden. When I surround myself with clean soil and water and sOnlight, I bloom and blossom and do what my Maker intended...but when I let the weeds creep back in....old habits, old friends who influence me negatively...they choke the LIFE out of me and influence me to get tangled up in their sin.

It's made me realize that I need someone to come and help me weed out my life. I think an accountability partner would do me a lot of good. I am going to pray that God will send someone and make it very clear that they would be a good partner.

...little patience, mm yeah, ooh yeah,
Need a little patience, yeah
Just a little patience, yeah
Some more pati... (ence, yeah)
I've been walking these streets at night
Just trying to get it right (Need some patience, yeah)
It's hard to see with so many around
You know I don't like being stuck in a crowd (Could use some patience, yeah)
And the streets don't change but maybe the name
I ain't got time for the game
'Cause I need you (Patience, yeah)
Yeah, yeah well I need you
Oh, I need you (Take some patience)
Whoa, I need you (Just a little patience is all we need)
Ooh, this ti- me....


huh. never thought g n r would be able to redirect my thoughts to some GODLY things... go figure. it's a stretch, i know...but it worked today for me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...I just talked to my grandfather last week. He's been gardening for most of his 85 years. He said to put a layer of newspaper followed by a layer of straw between your rows after weeding, and then you shouldn't have to do much more weeding the entire summer. We're going to give it a try. I just thought I'd let you know in case you wanted to try it too. This is our first garden, so it's small, but it is still a lot of work. Lukas said to me today..."Man! It takes FOREVER to grow stuff." I'm sure it feels like forever when you are 5! Glad to hear your carrots sprouted!