Wednesday, September 20, 2006

at the end

At the end of the day when they are tucked in bed
Will they remember the words I said?
Will they be responsible little boys
And remember to pick up all their toys?

Will they distinguish between right and wrong
While that bully at school stands so strong?
Will they be able to stand up and fight?
To make it their goal to use His might?

At the end, will God say "Well done?"
Will He see me from afar, smile, and run?
Have I taught them well, have I done my part
To make them men after Your own heart?

When he drives away for the very first time,
When he gives her that ring with the luster and shine,
When he must make a choice between heaven or hell
Will he focus on victories or the times when he fell?

And at the end of my time when I walk the line...

Will I distinguish between right and wrong
While that temptation I face stands so strong?
Will I be able to stand up and fight?
To make it my goal to use His might?

At the end, will God say "Well done?"
Will He see me from afar, smile, and run?
Have I taught them well, have I done my part?
To make them men after Your own heart.

No comments: