Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The last few updates - sorry I'm behind

July 21:

Last night, Dad's feet starting turning purple while he was at home. After talking to Dr. John Dean on the phone, Jenny took him in to the ER where they said he had a blood clot in his aorta. He was put on an IV blood thinner. This, to our understanding, is the last kind of thinner that they can try. His feet are no longer purple. This might mean the clot is on the move. We finally left there around 4 AM when he got a room. He is not accepting visitors except family, but he would greatly appreciate more prayer.

July 23:

These three weeks have seemed like an eternity, and at the same time just a blink of an eye. Dad still needs our prayers. He is having much difficulty at night. The pain is controlled, though, thank the Lord. They put in a picc line yesterday to make things a little easier, so we are hoping that this will help.

My mom has come home from Montana, and it is very nice to be with her right now. All of my family in one place!! :)

Please continue to pray for us and for my dad. It seems we need it a little more each day.

July 24:
Prayer Warriors, it's time once again! :)

We were told last night that Dad has just a few days or MAYBE short weeks to live. We are obviously upset, but happy to know God is in control.

Thank you to all the people who have helped. Please pray that Dad will go peacefully or - even better - that God will heal him. He said he was ready to go be with his mom last night. But then he sits up in the middle of the night and advises Todd and I to be saving money for the next 15 years! :)

We love him so dearly, but we know God loves him more and has the total picture in mind.

To leave a message for Dad or the family: www.carepages.com (search for BobNicholson - no space between words)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the updates. We have been praying every night. And will continue to pray for total healing. Please let us know if you need anything. We are only a short drive away...let us know...

Anonymous said...

I know you don't know me, but I am touched by your father's love for God and the peace he seems to have. I am praying for your family! I can't imagine what this all must feel like, but I will pray.

God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Jenny,Michelle and Todd,

I have been silent and I thought it was time to tell all of you how much your faith has touched my family. I'm sure there are all kinds of people reading the blog and carepages but I can personally atest to the fact that the lives your Dad, husband and father have touched though all of this is enoumous. My extended family and friends are calling daily wanting to know how things are. God hasn't taken Bob because there are still people to be reached. If Bob hadn't done anything else in his life his death has shown God's love, peace,grace and for me personally to live my life as if I didn't have a tomorrow. I have prayed for a complete healing on this earth for Bob but if that's not God's plan then that wonderful healing will come when Bob steps into the arms of Jesus. We think this life is great and wonderful at times not thinking that heaven is so much more wonderful than this earthly life could ever be. I think Bob has lived his life always looking to heaven and that is what we should all do.

Carmen(Micah's Mom)