Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tiger??!?!!?!

So the other night, after seeing my grays creep back in to my crown, I decided I could take matters in to my own hands, save a few bucks and highlight my hair. Um...no.

I ended up looking like a tiger because I guess I didn't let it process long enough. I did not afford you the luxury of pictures because I was so embarrassed...and to make matters worse, today was my first day back with students. You know it's bad when a 5th grader sees you after an entire summer and says, "What the heck did you do to your hair???!?!?!" Or when a FELLOW TEACHER says, "You're looking quite like a tiger today," and growls at you.
So at the risk of my hair falling out, I decided to head back to town, purchase a more normal color with an easier highlighting technique, and started over. This is just 2 days after the first blunder. At this moment, my highlights are processing....I hope it turns out much better.

Until then,
Ton-etta the Tiger.

***8/23/06 EDIT: As of last night, the tiger population in Greentown has diminished by one.

1 comment:

The Hutsells said...

Ha! that's so funny. I also tried the do-it-yourself highlights last week and I came out looking like a leopard. The cream seeped through the hood thing and left these big patches of blond on one side of my head. I'm doing the whole comb over look and so far no one has noticed! He..he...