Saturday, May 26, 2007

Complete Exhaustion

I put out a garden today. It's huge, and it's only a 1/3 of the size of the garden that is actually there. (Chad only tilled up that much and we still have a ton....) The jury is out whether we will use the other end for pumpkins, watermelons, and cucumbers. I'm hoping we do...but I am already completely exhausted and S.O.R.E.! That's not good. I can't imagine what my back, legs, and arms are going to feel like in the morning.

Chad started tilling at 10 AM. I joined him after worship practice and a trip to K-Town to get groceries and some other gardening/outdoor supplies at Lowe's. At 9:30, we sat down to eat a quick dinner, if THAT tells you anything....The kids helped (I use the term loosely, but they did pretty good for their ages) while Gabriel watched. Of course, one trip to the dollar store landed them with new water squirt guns, so we took some time for that. How I love squirting them with the hose on full blast....Needless to say, we were all FILTHY when we came in.

Chad and Luke are now off catfishing while the others are pretty much passed out in their beds. I think it took all of 5 seconds to get them asleep tonight. Speaking of passing out...Shh....do you hear that? It's my bed calling...'night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle, I always dreamed of having a garden. I know it's a lot of work but it will certainly pay off in the end. I'm so envious. Sorry Lord.
I'm glad you got to spend that time with your family too. What a wonderful adventure!

a. elisabeth said...

oooh girl i know! i cant wait! i was just thinking about that the other day. Ive been listening to it :) its gonna be pretty!! hey before i forget, go to
www.kokomoidol.com

:)

Anonymous said...

We planted our first garden over the weekend. It's very small, but we're excited about it. We'll be even more excited if the stuff actually grows. ;)