Sunday, May 06, 2007

Quick quips

Drew was recounting his list of girlfriends last night at dinner. I asked him, since he seems to always have a girl chasing him, what it was about him that made the girls like him so much. My oldest, without blinking, said this of his 4 year old brother: "It's because he smells good." (Right, Audrey?)

oh...if it were only that simple....but HEY! It's a start.

Chocolate is a great, inexpensive, and effective therapist...and you don't have to make an appointment.

Gabriel is by far my sneakiest child. His latest trick? While eating, if his fingers get messy, he will wait until Luke is not looking and ever so gently wipe his hands on Luke's back....as the meal goes on, he gets more bold and wipes just a little harder....if Luke still doesnt' get it, I've seen him go so far as to wipe his fingers off on Luke's plate and Luke's hand. Of course, it's completely naughty, but we can't help but laugh. He's so sneaky! We're going to be in trouble.....

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Drew can now ride his bike without training wheels...the unfortunate part is that he can't turn....so he crashes a lot.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is definitely not for you.


I was called a tramp by a fourth grader Friday morning at school. When I asked him if he knew what a tramp was, he answered, "How many kids you got?" I got down in his face, pointed at him and said, "Four. But they all have the same daddy." He got suspended that day.

Borrow money from pessimists. They don't expect it back.

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww :) this was a cute post. its about time you get back to this blogspot!! hehe... you busy little thing!! it was good to see you this weekend too!!

Anonymous said...

That whole tramp story is my favorite. hee, hee!