Tuesday, May 15, 2007

From my "3gifts" blog

1. Tomorrow marks my 31st birthday. I'm thankful for so many things in my life. I've been so reflective today. 30 years have been packed full of so many blessings....a great husband who makes me smile....4 beautiful, joyful, loving little boys, my mom and dad and brother, my grandparents....singing, one of the great loves of my life, and the ability to share God's Word and sing His praise with this voice....forgiveness......yes, even the mistakes, they have taught me so much....growing up on a bus --sheltered from the rest of the world in so many ways...Mrs. E. - if only I reached as many kids as she does....stories that include red koolaid, bee stings, and fire ants or the words, "Yes, Grandpa"....the rich Christian heritage that has been preserved for me throughout generations....sharing my faith with Dustin just yesterday....laying in the grass.....driving to Virginia just to eat all the apples and butter beans Aunt Gracie had....Aunt Gracie....she wouldn't pay no $400 for no dog, by the way.....trying haggis (ok, maybe it was the company I was with more than the delicacy)....hearing the boys giggle on a warm evening when they should be all tucked in bed...catering jobs with Grandma and Granddad....learning the hard way....my salvation....my friends....my hopes and dreams....I am blessed.

2. The innocence in a smile of a little boy whose mom almost died less than 10 days ago who runs to hug you and give you the ragged handful of weeds (eh, I mean flowers) he picked while playing outside.

3. I hear them even now, giggling to each other and making up silly songs. If I never had another single blessing in this life, they would be enough. Thank You, Father...

1 comment:

a. elisabeth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELLE :) hope its a great one!!!