Monday, February 05, 2007

What a weekend!!!!! I'm still bleeding orange and navy blue!

So my Bears didn't make it past Peyton and Bob Sanders, but at least they were there. Their future looks bright, so I have to be proud of them....Rex Grossman on the other hand, should probably prepare a resume....if I were him, I'd get it ready.

My oldest son hit a milestone on Saturday. He has lost his first tooth, obviously. I am super proud of him. He pulled it himself and said it didn't hurt. :)

Now on to a little rant...sorry!! I was literally told today by one of my superiors that what I did was "insignificant." I am furious and hurt and outraged. My professional response to that was, "Oh. Ok. Thanks." and I hung up the phone. I didn't see what yelling and screaming would have done for me. Of course, when I hung up, I came up with SEVERAL smart-allick questions and statements to make and even a few that were pretty valid and should be discussed. I decied to let my direct superior handle it. He is currently in a meeting discussing it....so we'll see how it all goes. In the mean time, anyone know of an any full time jobs that I could stay home part of the day to do? :)

oh - and by the way...I always hate those little comment verification things, but after I logged on today and there was an ad for teen xxx sites and male member enlargements, I decided it was time....sorry...I was trying to avoid it. Hope it won't keep you from commenting! :)

3 comments:

Todd and Micah said...

Great pic! Tell Lukester we're proud of him too.

As for the "insignificant" comment, just let it roll off those talented shoulders of yours. I completely understand how you feel. They call our classes "Specials" out here. What a great word for The Arts. We're not like any other class, we're "SPECIAL!" Sorry, now you've got me rantin' and ravin'.

Go Bears!

The Hutsells said...

Oh gosh Michelle, I'm glad you didn't give that person a piece of your mind. What is this world coming to? I'm still praying that you can somehow be home with those wonderful little boys of yours. Keep your chin up. Many people out there just don't understnad the impact that someone like you can make on a child.

Kendra said...

Wow. Wow. Wow. I wish I could say that it is a rare thing for someone to think such a thing about a music teacher, but it has become the norm. The teachers I used to teach with absolutely did not respect what I was doing. Music class was simply a break time for them. Very frustrating. I have so been there. Ideas for bringing in cash...Ebay: Second hand kids clothing, especially boys clothing in good shape, sells really well. I shop at thrift stores and usually double my money. I have also babysat in the past in my home, which is an easy way to make money but can get stressful to have other people's kids in your home alone with your own. I've also taught flute and voice lessons. Ummm...voice lessons would be an obvious answer for you, and don't you play like a dozen instruments as well? I hope that you can work things out at work without exploding. That would be a point at which my temper just might surface.