Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Thank you from the land of bodily fluids

Got your attention?

:) I know it's sick, but that's where I'm living currently. Chad (my husband) has been sick with the flu since Monday night. In an effort to keep the children from getting sick, since we have had Monday and Tuesday off from school due to lovely Indiana weather, I took the kids to my Dad and Jenny's house yesterday during the day. All was well until dinner time...Evan hadn't eaten well all day, but he didn't complain of anything. He did not take a nap, so when he said he was tired at dinner time, I was not suprised at all. After forcing him to eat 2 bites of vegetable soup, I let him go lay down. My plan was to help finish in the kitchen and get the kids back home to bed. My dad went in to lay down with Evan, and the next thing I knew, he was yelling my name repeatedly. When I came in the living room, my dad was holding Evan on his lap in the recliner and trying to catch what Evan was throwing up so it wouldn't go all over the room. So much for separating them from their dad to keep them well. I apologized so many times to my dad who just desperately wanted out of there to get a shower....

I took today off of work to stay with them again...Evan has been fine. That's how it is. If I would have taken him to the sitter's and gone to work, she would have had to call me to get him. At least he's feeling better.

My thank you goes out to those of you who read my previous post and have sent me (via email or comment on blogger or otherwise) encouraging words. Sometimes being a music teacher is stressful and unappreciated. I don't know what will come of it, but I plan to talk to my building rep about it. I have already gone to my principal, who was less than thrilled. I just want to handle it with dignity and integrity and grace. SOOOO it's probably a good thing that I haven't been back to school yet becayse today is the first day I can think about it or talk/type about it without my blood boiling. :) So thank you to those of you who have been my Barnabas. :)

Incidentally, Boo is in for a declaw right now. She came through it yesterday really well. They called to tell me. Do you actually KNOW how they do that? I assumed it was just removal of the claw. OH NO...they actually go in and amputate what would be our last nuckle on down in order to ensure that the claw does not grow back....OUCH! The vet said it would be especially hard on her since she is 8 months old and not 3 months old. She is also fat which puts more weight on her when she walks, so she is probably going to have a morphine patch as well as oral pain meds!! Poor little girl. She probably won't come out of the bathroom for a week. Partially because we have to keep her calm for a week and the dog could get to her any other place. And partially because I imagine she'll be a tad upset with us.

Have a beautifully warm day....okay, well, try to stay warm. :)
Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

groooossssss about evan. all i could do was picture it and i couldnt get the image out of my head. that would have freaked me out so bad. i should not have children. puke makes me want to claw my eyes out... EWWW.