Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wanna hear something cute???

Last Saturday, my family all watched The Greatest Story Ever Told. It may not be the most accurate portrayal of the Gospel story, but it isn't too graphic and the main points are reinforced for my little ones....So after some points in the movie, I would pause the tv (you gotta love DVR) and ask the kids if they knew what this was or that was that happened. Questions like, "Do you know why Jesus died?" "What are sins?" "So when you fight and hit your brother is it a sin?" "When you disobey Mommy and Daddy is it a sin?" etc.

At one point, I had the tv paused on an image of the actor who played Peter, one of the most famous of all disciples, as well as one of the most influencial. Drew asked me, "Who's that?" I answered that it was Peter. He said, "Who's Peanut?!?!" After tha laughter subsided, I explained what I said and reminded him of the fisherman that followed Jesus. It was hilarious!

No comments: