Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Idol

Ok. I can't take it. My silence about Sanjaya has gone long enough. As a former choir teacher of several talented young men and women, I can't imagine what AMERICA sees in this weirdo. And weirdo is the best I can do. He doesn't have a particularly bad voice. It's just not a spectacular one. He seems like he just smoked a joint backstage and is giggly but he knows he shouldn't be, so he is trying to stay as quiet as possible. I just don't get why he is still around.

Melinda, on the other hand, is amazing. I have tried not to like her in my quest for the perfect model-like-idol. She isn't beautiful but I can't deny her voice.

Tonight's top 3 (in this order): Melinda, Chris, and tie: Gina/LaKisha. (That being said, LaKisha's beginning was iffy at best, but seriously. Girl can sing...) There is something about Gina I like but I don't see her staying much longer. I think she will be lucky to make top 5.

Voted off??? My prediction: Phil Stacey. Although I hate to see a guy go with such a cool name (two very good friends of mine are Phil and Stacy E....ha!). I think he will be next to leave us, though. I do wish Sanjaya would hit the road.

I know I promised house pictures, but I could not be silent about it anymore! :) Still working on the time to get those pics on here. Won't be too much longer.

(This is the most hectic Spring Break I have EVER had....) For more (and a delightful story about Drew), go to www.3gifts.blogspot.com

2 comments:

a. elisabeth said...

ugh, i just tried to leave u a comment and it wouldnt work. it was a long one too. it basically said:
1. sanjaya blows
2. blake the beatboxer is my husband
and ill see you soon :) hehe

Anonymous said...

Last night I told Eric it felt like I was watching a high school show choir solist when Sanjaya performed, but definitely NOT an American Idol winner. My top 3 are Melinda, Jordin, and Blake in that order. I think that Phil's time is limited, but I really like who he is. I wish Sanjaya would go first though. I hope you get some time to relax on your break!