Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Newest Things

Hmmm..It's been a while. Lot has happened and yet nothing has. Interesting to think about. Perhaps another entry.

Now I focus on the conversation that I observed with a smile tonight....maybe you might like to hear it. (First let me preface it by saying that I have had to teach my children about letting each child have a "time to shine." In other words, when I praise one child, and the other one feels left out, I explain that they will all have times to shine, and this is that particular child's time. Their turn is coming. This will come in to play later on.)

On the way to get flu shots:
Luke: I don't wanna go to get a flu shot. I don't have the flu.

Me: This is a shot to make sure you don't get it later.

Luke: But what if I cry?

Me: You won't! Are you kidding? You are so much tougher than a shot. It might just feel like your brother poked you or you got pinched. You can handle THAT.

Luke: I'm just gonna get that shot and say, "Is that all you got? Give me 2!!"

Me: (laughing) That would be great...we'll see.

Drew: I'm donna (gonna) say, "Is that all you got? You wanna piece of me? I'm tough. I want a big big BIG needle."

Evan: Yeah! I'm like, "Is that all you got, huh? Is that all you got, huh? Is that all you got, huh?" (Apparently saying it in a set of 3 which each one increasing in volume was funny because they all laughed.)

Drew: You wanna piece of me?

Gabriel: Piece me???

Luke: Did you hear that?? Gabriel just said, "Piece me!" He is so cute.

After the shots...way after the shots (at which none of the previous comments were made):

Luke: Mommy, 2 plus 5 is...(stops and counts fingers) 7. (Tucks his chin in and grins the Chad grin) It's my time to shine. I'm smart.

Me: Well, YES you are!

Drew: Now it'sth my time to shine. You know what my did today? I was like, (makes punching sound accompanied with punching motion) and then like (same action and sound) to Delaney. And she thaid (said) I was a stupid head. (sudden change to pouting)

Me: That wasn't nice. I'm sorry.

Evan: (burps)

Drew: Holwy molwy duatemole (Holy moley guacamole)! Evan! That was a dood (good) one!

Evan: Now it's my time to shine.


Some of the things they come up with just crack me up. I feel like should be taking notes at the dinner table. There were so many good things that now I can't remember!!! You would have loved it!

Luke has a loose tooth for the first time! I am so excited about it! Probably more so than he is! He's excited and nervous about it, afraid it will hurt or he'll lose all of his teeth at once. He asked me last night if he would be able to eat if he lost that one tooth! :) I reassured him that he would...

Our newest edition to the house: Boo. She is a rescue kitten of 8 months old and absolutely perfect. She had one accident when we got her home, and the rest of the time she has been great about the litter box. She gets along with the dog, but holds her own...The kids adore her! She is friendly and personable but not annoying. Just the perfect pet. Who would have guessed? I can't believe how much I love her! I never would have thought a kitten would steal my heart. And of course, Luke is ecstatic! He has asked for a kitten for about 1 year. The kids have been doing so well with their chore chart that I thought they could handle taking care of her. The dog is doing so much better than before...I think it's simply because he has more "responsible" people looking after him. The house is cleaner. The kids are proud of their allowance and really good about it. They paid for some of Boo...

Things just seem GOOD right now. Praise the Lord! I have so much less stress...

One more thing before I go. I want to tell you what I came home to last night. I had a really long meeting at church, and I left the kids at the babysitter because I thought it might be a little too long for them to "play" through...so after the long meeting and a full day at school, I went back out to the babysitters and got the kids. When I got home, Chad (he hit this one out of the park...) had done two loads of laundry, fixed Luke's bed (which he had broken), put new sheets/clean sheets on all 4 of their beds, laid out the kids' pajamas, run a warm bath that was waiting on the first one, and had swept/dusted the living room and/or house within the 24 hours that preceeded. I was absolutely amazed by his thoughfulness! It was like he had thought of everything! He did a great job! :)

(And he is more than a little fond of Boo, and he says he hates cats...that's how good she is!)

Well, that's about all I got. Hope you have enjoyed catching up on the life of Michelle. :)

3 comments:

The Hutsells said...

Glad everything is going well right now. Go Chad!!!
I was informed that we wouldn't be getting Bojangles back, which is fine, so we went out and got a new kitty. She peed in many spots the first couple of days but is fine now. She was also in heat when we brought her home. Not Cool! I'm still looking forward to getting a dog when we get back to the States.

Todd and Micah said...

I told Todd about what Chad did for you last night and he asked me who he'd hired to come clean :) I'm so glad he did that for you.

The cat is cute. Can't wait to get Bo and Boo together sometime.

TheGaffords said...

Once again, I love reading your kids' conversations. They must make you laugh a lot.