Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Worship Team

So I revamped the worship teams and today was the first time they took affect. IT WAS GREAT To sing with Sharon and Phil with such a great group of musicians in the band! I absolutely had a blast! I had a great time worshiping and leading worship. The Words of the scripture readings seemed more alive...the songs seemed more real to me....maybe it was in my attitude about hearing all those voices!!! It's been so long since I had heard my church worship like that! What a difference going from 3 small services to 1 big one made!!! The new stage was great...and I loved it. Of course in this transition period, we have some glitches sound-wise that are slowly working out. Bill has put so much time in already! We are really blessed...I love it! I loved the song choices, if I do say so myself! I don't know WHY, I just know that God felt VERY REAL to me while I was up there.

Maybe it was my attitude, maybe it was the collective voices, maybe it was a well-diversified music set. Either way, God was glorified, and that is what it was all about.

God bless!

2 comments:

Curious Servant said...

Worship was great for me today as well. Though I haven't been blessed with a melodious singing voice I compensate with enthusiasm (and cautious volume control).

Thank you for your kind words on my blog today.

That was the third time I did such a painting. It certainly has its chalenges.

After the 2nd one a fellow who had been there came up to me at a wedding we were attending.

He told me that he didn't like me doing the painting, that he found it distracting.

So I was a little nervous this last time. But after the service on Christmas Eve he came up to me and thanked me profusely.

I suppose the point of this tale is that though it is different for some, and it may put a few off, letting the Lord work in His own ways, being open to listening to the Spirit, works out eventually.

Thanks again.


Oh yes... I hope you are having a great time with the younger kids now!

Anonymous said...

Very cool Michelle! What songs did you sing?