Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I henceforth request that thou peruse upon my prose

I sat on the couch beside my husband tonight. My 2nd son, Drew, was quietly bathing in the bathroom. Luke and Evan were already finished with their baths. Gabriel was waiting. I realized Drew had been in there for long enough when I looked at Evan and said, "Evan, go tell your brother that I said it was time to get out of the bathtub." He started off quickly, when Chad called him back, and said, "No, Evan, tell him 'Dearest brother, our mother requests that you remove yourself from the bathing facilities.'"

As Evan began to scurry again, Chad stopped him once more and asked, "Now what are you going to say to Drew?"

Evan smiled and said, "I'm donna (gonna) tell him Mommy says to det (get) out of the baff (bath)." He ran off. Chad and I burst in to laughter again.

Maybe this is one of those you-had-to-be-theres, but to us, it was a highlight of our evening....just one of the many.

3 comments:

a. elisabeth said...

HAHAHA i laughed out loud at this one :) i miss them so much!! give them a big kiss for me and tell them it was from audrey! :)

The Hutsells said...

Ha! I'll have to try that with Isaac.

Anonymous said...

I should have mentioned:
The fact that Drew was bathing quietly was an all-out miracle in itself....
-Michelle