Saturday, October 07, 2006

Be thankful...(*editted*)


Today, I held my nephew, Oryn Anthony, for the first and last time. Although this is not a picture of Oryn, it is a picture of a baby about the same age. Oryn was born alive with a heart beat. It was all so surreal. Oryn was about 16 weeks old. I just keep thinking if he could have hung in there for another 4 - 6 weeks or so, MAYBE he could have had a fighting chance....

I don't understand it all, but I know God had a purpose in all of this. I pray that my brother-in-law will learn to trust Jesus with his whole life.

I can't begin to imagine what they must feel right now. I am SOOO thankful for my little ones. This experience has given a whole new meaning to the times when someone has said to me, "Thank God they are healthy..." or something along the lines of that when I was disappointed with yet another boy...(who has turned out to be a joy - not a disappointment at all!)

Someday, when I get to Heaven, Oryn will greet me with a smile. It was nice to know that he left this world in the hands of his mommy, daddy, and grandma and was directly delivered to Jesus'.

I wish those crazy, misguided people who are pro-choice could have been there and seen that Oryn had a mouth, ears, 10 fingers and 10 toes, ribs, and so much more. I have never been more convinced that there is only one God, one Creator, one Savior. And I have never been more convinced that pro-life is the ONLY way to go. I will NEVER be able to support any type of abortion, for any reason, whatsoever. When I was pregnant for all of mine, I have always gone in to labor telling Chad that no matter what, the baby's life MUST come first. I'm more convinced than ever.

Despite my conviction, I know there was a reason that little Oryn's body was rejected and there was a reason the first time his mommy dressed him was for his funeral and there was a reason they held him until his heart stopped beating. I just pray that God will bless them and use this time in their lives to show them that He is the only thing that they need. I pray that they come to have a saving relationship with Christ. I pray that this will not harvest a bitterness in them that cannot be calmed or a rage that cannot find peace. I don't believe Chad's brother and his girlfriend are saved. I believe that they believe in God because they asked everyone they knew to be in prayer for Oryn. It shows that they recognize a higher power....but I don't think they KNOW the Higher Power. Maybe that was Oryn's purpose all along...

On a side note...

I have created a new blog that I will use to focus on the positive things in my life. It's listed as the first link over to the right or you can click here.

CLICK HERE for proof of the One Creator.

6 comments:

gracesown said...

Dear God,
Thank you for the life of Oryan Anthony. We give him back to you, not knowing why so soon but only that he was Yours to begin with. This hurts, but we trust You. You know what it is like to lose a child. So Lord, heal us, help us, and help us to reach out to others who hurt as well like you reach out to us now. In Your Son's Name...Amen.

Michelle,
You know that whatever we can do, we will. We love you and Chad. We love Luke, Drew, Evan, and Gabe. Hang in there...God may be ready to do a mighty thing in the face of something so devastating. Watch Him work and let Him use you.

Love,
Dad and Jenny

worshipful1 said...

Thanks, Jen...beautiful prayer...

Eric and Kendra said...

Michelle...I cannot even imagine what they are going through or what you felt when you held that tiny little one. We will definitely be lifting you all up in prayer.

Little Miss Mary Sunshine .... said...

aww thanks for the message darlin... its always nice to hear that...

this post made me so sad :( im praying for them and you.

l o v e
(and lots of it)

Joe said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog.

We will be in prayer for Oryn's family...that they will come to KNOW the creators through His Son.

Dan said...

Hey Michelle - unfortunately, we know that feeling all too well. Our little Zoe Grace was about 18 weeks when we lost her. I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my face remembering that day ... it was the saddest that Angie and I have ever been. We got to hold our little girl too and it was one of the most precious moments. If we're never blessed with little ones of our own, we'll always remember holding her for those brief moments.

Send our love to the family ...