Sunday, April 30, 2006

It's a beautiful life....oh woah oh oh...It's a beautiful life...

Like that blast from the past?? Gotta love that 80s and early 90s pop!

I'm going to have a stressful couple of weeks coming up... and it all starts with "Just another manic Monday...whoa oh oh....." I have rehearsals starting this week for a concert that at one time I was REALLY excited about. But excitement has waned and become dread. Ugh....

First of all, I have to work with several teachers whom I just don't know how to read yet. My first year in the building is making me nuts (trying to figure out who I can trust and who I can't). I always feel like I'm "Walkin' on, walkin' on broken glass" around them. I want them to like me on one hand, and on another, they don't seem so nice and I'm not sure I want to be associated with them. Does that make sense?

And trying to get 5th grade boys to do choreography is like trying to get Chad to an opera. So since about half of what they do involves that, I'm going to be a total nut case next week. I'm part entertainer, part drill sargeant, part mother, part kid when I'm in front of them. That's a lot of hats to wear. Anyone who has ever had to motivate children or worked with them for any amount of time probably gets that...

*Sigh* At least there's a light at the end of my tunnel. In ten days this will all be behind me and I can focus on summer and the joys it brings. And then it will be "School's out for summer!" :)

Have a fabulous day!

No comments: