Saturday, November 18, 2006

Gloomy days

I was reminded by reading through some blogs today that the weather is going to become more gloomy and gloomy until spring. Sure, we'll have occasionally sunny and crisp days once in a while, but most times, it will be like it has been lately around here. Dreary. Cold. Windy. Misty. Dark. Grey.

Then I read the blog from WhateverHeSays today, and her entry was about seeing beauty on a walk she took amidst all of that gloom of November. My first reaction was, "Man, I hate this weather, how can anyone find beauty in it?" And then I started thinking about something I haven't thought about in a long time.

I wonder if God looks down on me and my sinful life and says, "It's so dreary around there. All grey haze, no Sonshine. Everything is cold and lifeless. I can't wait until new life comes again."

God, when I am surrounded by the aftermath of my bad choices or feeling down or letting the world close in on me or get to me, deliver me from it. Help me to see the beauty in Your creation. Help me to be beautiful in Your Eyes. Forgive me when I am not.

No comments: