Sunday, July 16, 2006

John 14:27

I have no idea where to begin, but I know that I have to get this out...

I can't stand the unknown. It will drive you insane. And I've given the advice a million times to others..."What can it do to worry about it?"..."God is in control"....but when you're in the middle of it and you don't know which end is up, it's really difficult to find the peace we're promised. My favorite verse is John 14:27. It has been for about 10 years...but it's also a hard one to accept...when you are engulfed in turmoil.

The lyrics that keep coming to my head are whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say "It is well. It is well with my soul." I realize that the lyrics don't say whatever my lot, Thou makes it easy to say "It is well with my soul." Maybe that should be my focus today.

Maybe that's the key...at least for this one-day-at-a-time-day like today.

God, continue to give me the gentle, quiet spirit. Continue to pour out Your strength. Mine is insufficient. Your grace is supposed to be enough....help me to feel like it is and believe that it is. Whatever comes my way, help me to be able to stand firm and say that because of YOU, it IS well with my soul...Help me to feel Your peace. I want to find my comfort in You.

1 comment:

The Hutsells said...

Michelle, I can only imagine what things has got you turned upside down. I often don't understand why some people can live life without troubles and others face such difficult paths. Know this, those that face the difficult paths are often the ones that God uses the most. The unknown may not be what we like, but it is always what is best because God is in control.