Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Innocence

I love Gabriel's innocence. I was scrolling on my blog, to see the hit counter....I wasn't planning on posting anything. As I scrolled, the bottom entry had the pictures of my newest tattoo on my foot. (This post will probably move it to the archives....) Anyway, as he saw the foot on the screen, he got really excited and said, "Mommy!! That foot is like you!!!" I said, "You're right. That's MY foot honey. It's a picture! I put it there." He very matter-of-factly said, "Oh." Then I scrolled back to the top, he asked (like he does every day) "Pappaw Died?" I answered it for the millionth time. He finished with "He up in Heaben?" "Yep...." It's the same question every night. He even still prays for him sometimes, asking God to take care of him. Sweet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will never forget (it's one of my precious memories)when Gabriel asked me (as he does you), "Pappaw died?" I responded, "Yes. Remember, Pappaw's in heaven now?" Gabriel said, "Yeah...(sigh)." Then laying his head on my shoulder he said, "I miss Pappaw." At that moment I knew that Gabe was truly Pappaw's boy. It wasn't really what he said as much as how he said it. I think that even though he is very young, he will hold his Pappaw in his heart his whole life. He may not remember him and only know what we share, but Pappaw will always be hidden away there.

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right, Anonymous.
Mamaw Teresa

a. elisabeth said...

i have to learn to only read your blog when i have kleenex...

you make my heart full :)